Personal training sessions with Niamh and Liam are run in person from our state of the art geodesic dome located at The Secret Garden. Classes are tailored to your needs and goals with a focus on flexibility, mobility, strength and exercises to support you, your body. These sessions are ideal for anyone looking to get stronger not just physically but mentally. Whether you have physical limitations, are working around an injury, you’re a complete beginner, don’t know where to start or even if you’re already familiar with exercise, I can help you fit an effective, efficient and flexible training and exercise plan into your schedule. Classes can be taken in private 1:1 or in a semi-private group of friends or family of up to 4 people
Personal Training Details
Depending on your needs, classes can take place online or in our geodesic dome studio at The Secret Garden.
€50 for one session
€350 for 10 sessions
Niamh is a fully qualified personal trainer, yoga teacher RYT-500 and strength and conditioning coach working since 2015 both online and from her new state of the art geodesic dome gym / yoga studio on the Hook Peninsula where she works with clients one to one and in semi private groups.
With a focus on alignment and mobility Niamh uses a variety of training styles including yoga, gymnastics, mobility development, breath-work, resistance training using weights and bands as well as body weight training.
The World Health Organisation recommends that adults need muscle strengthening movements at least two times a week. Among the many benefits, movement reduces cognitive decline, reduces anxiety and depression, improves sleep, helps to maintain a healthy weight.
‘Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”Jim Rohn
Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions that apply to our classes.
- Drop in Class – €12
- 2 class pass – €24 (4 week expiry)
- 5 class pass – €55 (6 week expiry)
- 10 class pass – €100 (8 week expiry)
- Sunday Classes – €15
- Workshops – €25
- Private Class – €50
- 10 Private Classes – €350 (classes that are taken consecutively once per week for ten weeks or twice per week for five weeks)
Terms and Conditions
By reserving your place in a class and by purchasing a class pass you agree to the terms and conditions of Livin’ off the Hook laid out below.
- We have no contract or joining fee however we have a very simple booking system that allows you to register and book classes. It also allows you to manage your own class usage, you will know how many classes you have remaining and when your pass will expire.
- You are responsible for choosing the appropriate package that works for your schedule. All class passes sold have an expiry from the date you set on booking or from the first class booked on that pass. Class passes cannot be transferred, refunded or extended.
- The multiple class passes allows for attendance at all classes excluding Workshops, Sunday classes or special events which can be booked separately. All prices listed above are vat inclusive.
- Class cancellations later than 24 hours prior to class start time will not be refunded or credited. If you cancel your class on the booking system at least 24 hours before the class is due to start you will be reissued your class pass to carry forward to a different class.
- Your class pass starts from the date you set when purchasing or from the first class you book and your pass will expire within the indicated time. You will receive a notification one week before your class pass expires.
- Classes can be booked online and paid for in studio via cash or paid online via credit/debit card or PayPal (We do not retain your card details). This pay in studio is a handy option for many people so if you book online and opt for the pay in studio option then you cancel last minute or do not turn up you should pay for your place or lose a class pass on your next booking.
- If a class is listed a full there is an option to join the waitlist. In the event of a cancellation and when a space becomes available in class four hours or more prior to the class start time, the booking system will email the people on the waitlist a notification of a cancellation so that space can be taken on a first come first served basis. Spaces resulting from cancellations can’t always be filled at short notice. Therefore, late cancellations will not be refunded.
- In the unlikely event that the class is cancelled you will receive as much notice as possible by email, and your class pass will be reissued to use at a future date.
- Yoga, breath-work and exercise are generally a very safe activities with many mental and physical benefits however, if you are unsure as to whether or not you should practice yoga or train with us due to health problems please consult your doctor.
- Participants must be aware of the physical risks involved with joining our yoga, breathwork, strength and hiit classes. It is the responsibility of participants to consult with their physician prior to participation in any classes. You are responsible for practicing within your own comfort levels. It is not necessary for the student to undertake all the practices, exercises and training suggested by the teacher. All practices, exercises and training will be undertaken voluntarily and in the event of accident or injury no claim will lie against the teacher or management at Livin’ off the Hook.
- All our instructors are experienced teachers with recognised teaching qualifications. Whilst every effort is made by us to provide practices, exercises and training which are suitable to all students, it is the duty of the student to inform the teacher of any illnesses, injuries or weaknesses that might affect you while practicing, exercising or training.
- Please inform us prior to booking if you are pregnant or suspect you may be expecting. Expectant mothers can exercise and practice yoga but not all exercise and yoga is suitable and modifications are recommended depending on the trimester so be sure to inform us if you are pregnant and we can recommend a qualified pre-natal teacher and advise the appropriate class for you.
- We at Livin’ off the Hook reserve the right to refuse entry to or cancel the membership of any individual conducting inappropriate behavior which, in our view, is offensive to fellow practitioners, instructors or where a behavior represents a health and safety danger.
- We will not be held responsible in the event of loss, damage, unauthorised use, theft or injury resulting from and to any personal property that you bring to any premises or location where our classes take place.
- Your contact details (name, email, telephone number) are required so that we can contact you to confirm class details, including the cancellation of classes and in case of emergencies. Your contact information is collected solely by Niamh Colfer, in relation to services that we provide and you can opt out any time by deleting your own profile on the momoyoga app, or by clicking the opt out link at the end of our newsletters.
- From time to time we take photographs of the yoga dome for use on social media. While we make every effort to respect your right to privacy we will never take photographs of students in class at the dome unless prior notification has been sent with our intent to do so or if a professional photographer is coming in which case students may opt out or choose to practise in a place where they will not be in the photograph.
- We at Livin’ off the Hook reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.Terms and conditions updated 15th April 2022
I’ve been doing personal training with Niamh for the last five months – both in person and online over zoom. Niamh is the perfect combination of warm, encouraging, easy going and professional. She has a wealth of knowledge and her enthusiasm and passion is infectious. The training sessions always have just the right amount of challenge and variety – there’s something different every time, keeping it interesting. Niamh intuitively knows how to challenge exactly to the right level and the right style for each session. I have absolutely loved every single workout and can’t recommend her personal training highly enough.
Niamh is a brilliant personal trainer. She makes me feel at ease as well as making me work to the best of my ability. Seeing great results already! I also attend her online yoga classes – the perfect way to start your day. Beautiful energising and super sequenced flows. Thanks Niamh
My teens have thoroughly enjoyed doing classes under Niamh’s tuition for the past 6 months. She has not only improved their physical strength but also their mental well-being during a very tough lockdown. Fantastically positive approach to exercise, thanks Niamh
My son has been working out with Niamh for the last six months.This has been tremendously beneficial for his physical and his mental well-being. It is the first time he has done any kind of strength-based training and he found Niamh’s instructions and progression through exercises clear and encouraging. Over the six months, he has grown in confidence and he brought a new belief in himself when he returned to the pitch after lockdown. Working out with Niamh has given him a fantastic boost.
Love Niamh’s classes she’s an excelent yoga teacher and an equally good strength coach!